Curious about what else the famed Google engineers have scuttled in the past, we shrunk our Fool investigative reporters down to mere nanometers to help them infiltrate the top-secret servers of Google Labs. Here's what we found:
Top 10 Other Google Discarded Projects
10. Godoogle: Answers questions such as "What is the meaning of life?", "Why is there war, hunger, pain, and suffering in the world?", and "How is Paris Hilton famous?"
9. Gmail 2.0: Calls you at home, in the middle of the night, to tell you all the fascinating things it's been reading in your email.
8. Koogle: A line of Jewish food so straightforward and easy to make that it will replace Mexican and Italian as America's favorite ethnic food.
7. DoesThisMakeMeLookFatoogle: Scan a photo of yourself in those jeans/dress/former frat logo-wear and get an honest "yes" or "no" answer from the Google algorithm.
6. Google SatelliteNet: This sophisticated worldwide network of artificial intelligence is 100% guaranteed not to go crazy and decide to annihilate humanity -- or your money back.
5. Googster: Google's free (ad-supported, natch) music service, containing 900 billion songs. And that's just the country section.
4. Beer Googles: An interactive database about beer and the effects on your body (calculates image distortion based on user input).
3. Google PAPS: Detailed medical information for everyone in your neighborhood.
2. New toolbar application that weighs the price of an ounce of gold relative to a single share of Google.
1. Google Windows Vista: Because of antitrust concerns, it was too soon to totally wipe Microsoft
Yahoo! is a Stock Advisor recommendation and Microsoft is an Inside Value recommendation. Check out all of our newslettershere.