Mother's Day is right around the corner. While some companies, like Blue Nile
Grab a piece of paper from the copier, and on the front side of your fresh, handmade card, write:
For Mother's Day, I thought I would provide you with something that I hope will bring you wealth and happiness for many years to come ...
(Fold and write on the inside)
A Foolish stock that will hopefully become a triple-bagger with lovely compounded returns to match. Enjoy these shares of <insert company from below>.
Love, <insert name for credit>
Throw it in an envelope, add a postage stamp at whatever today's going rate is, and you're all done for this year!
OK, but really: A stock might not be as visually appealing as that bouquet of flowers, but it can return value year after year. With that in mind, our Fools have hand-picked this list of stocks and financial ideas with your mama in mind. Many of these stocks are strong consumer-facing brands that moms love. We add a little Buffett charm from Berkshire Hathaway
With or without our stock ideas, we wish every mom in Fooldom a happy Mother's Day!
Our Mother's Day fare with a Foolish bow:
- A Mom-Friendly Retail Stock Prepared to Stand Out
- Costco Loves Mom and the Recession
- Don't Be Goofy, Send Mom Some Disney Love
- Don't Jump on Mom's Bed With This Stock
- High-Dividend, Low-Beta Stocks From the Mama Screen
- Mom, Meet Warren Buffett
- Nintendo Is Such a Nice, Attractive Company
- This 171-Year Old Stock Would Make Mom Proud
- Last Year's Financial Gifts for Mom