In today's edition, industrials editor and analyst Brendan Byrnes dives into the industrials space, with commentary on companies in the sector. Some topics include:
- The cancellation of Qantas' order of 35 Boeing 787 Dreamliners.
- Analysis and opinion of United Technologies' stock.
- Whether General Electric's stock is underrated or overrated.
- Whether the analysts are right about Caterpillar's future prospects.
- The recent upgrade of General Motors' credit to BB+ by Fitch, just below investment grade.
Check out the following video for in-depth analysis of these topics.
One of the stocks that has Brendan currently excited is Caterpillar. Cat is the market-share leader in an industry in which size matters, and its quality products, extensive service network, and unparalleled brand strength combine to give it solid competitive advantages. But the stock hasn't performed very well this year so far. Read all about Caterpillar's strengths and weaknesses, and whether it's currently a buy nor not, in our brand-new report. Just click here to access it now.
Austin Smith owns shares of General Electric. Brendan Byrnes owns shares of Caterpillar, United Technologies, and General Motors. The Motley Fool has no positions in the stocks mentioned above. Motley Fool newsletter services recommend General Motors. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools don't all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.