There's been recent speculation that Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) is planning on launching a new 7-inch tablet to add to its Surface brand of devices. This new device is allegedly going to be called the "Xbox Surface" and geared heavily toward gaming uses. Microsoft has a strong position in the gaming market, which it could easily leverage to boost a 7-inch model. This particular tablet is said to run on Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) chips. All of its main competitors now have both small- and full-sized tablet offerings. Amazon.com (NASDAQ:AMZN) has the Kindle Fire HD and 8.9-inch Kindle Fire HD, Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) has the iPad Mini and iPad with Retina display, while Google (NASDAQ:GOOGL) offers the Nexus 7 and Nexus 10. A competitive response in the 7-inch arena makes perfect sense.
Motley Fool Returns
Discounted offers are only available to new members. Stock Advisor will renew at the then current list price. Stock Advisor list price is $199 per year.
Stock Advisor launched in February of 2002. Returns as of 10/20/2021.
Average returns of all recommendations since inception. Cost basis and return based on previous market day close.
- If You'd Invested $1,000 in Microsoft in 2014, This Is How Much You Would Have Today
- Microsoft Earnings Preview: Metrics Investors Should Watch
- 2 Leading Tech Stocks to Buy in 2021 and Beyond
- Microsoft Completed Numerous Acquisitions These Past Few Months
- Here's How Microsoft Is Using Artificial Intelligence