In this video, Motley Fool energy analyst Taylor Muckerman highlights a major issue for any investor following energy stocks: the idea that derivative trading, and hedging strategies to offset the volatility of the commodities these companies trade in, can really skew their year-over-year results, despite having deceptively high growth and revenues. Muckerman takes us through some key examples of what can happen when investors don't take these important skewing factors into consideration.
Motley Fool Returns
Discounted offers are only available to new members. Stock Advisor will renew at the then current list price. Stock Advisor list price is $199 per year.
Stock Advisor launched in February of 2002. Returns as of 10/21/2021.
Average returns of all recommendations since inception. Cost basis and return based on previous market day close.
- Kinder Morgan Remains Well Positioned as the Energy Market Pivots
- This High-Yield Renewable Energy Dividend Stock Continues Growing Fast
- Kinder Morgan (KMI) Q3 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- Lam Research Corporation (LRCX) Q3 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- Stepan Company (SCL) Q3 2021 Earnings Call Transcript