Tea, as the second most consumed beverage in the world after water, is a $40B industry. Teavana (NYSE: TEA), a 300 store, mall-format ultra premium tea retailer has just become the latest company to be brought into the Starbucks' (NASDAQ:SBUX) fold, to the tune of $620M, or a 50% premium on Teavana share prices. So what is Starbucks planning to do with its newest acquisition? In this video, Motley Fool Consumer Goods Analyst Blake Bos tells us what some of Starbucks' plans are, how this acquisition compares to others they have made, and how it matches up with some of Starbucks' long-term goals.
Motley Fool Returns
Discounted offers are only available to new members. Stock Advisor will renew at the then current list price. Stock Advisor list price is $199 per year.
Stock Advisor launched in February of 2002. Returns as of 10/21/2021.
Average returns of all recommendations since inception. Cost basis and return based on previous market day close.
- It's Time to Buy These Lagging Dividend Giants
- Skillz Still Has to Execute on Its Business Plan, but Its Stock Valuation Is Getting Attractive
- Will These 2 Hair Removal Stocks Put Hair On Your Portfolio's Chest?
- These 3 Stocks Have Underperformed the Market This Year. Is Now the Time to Buy?
- 2 Reopening Stocks to Consider Buying Right Now