Amazon.com (NASDAQ: AMZN) already has a well-established reputation as a retail disruptor, and as the No. 1 name people think of in online shopping. That's why so many people are surprised to discover that only 5% of retail sales happen online in the U.S.; abroad the number is even less. Those figures show just how young this industry is. Combine the idea that Amazon's volume of actual products shipped is up 40% year over year with how large the company's moat is based just on how big its first-in advantage is, and you get an enormous amount of market growth potential. This is the only company truly poised to take advantage of that potential.
Motley Fool Returns
Discounted offers are only available to new members. Stock Advisor will renew at the then current list price. Stock Advisor list price is $199 per year.
Stock Advisor launched in February of 2002. Returns as of 10/24/2021.
Average returns of all recommendations since inception. Cost basis and return based on previous market day close.
- 3 Top E-Commerce Stocks to Buy for the Long Haul
- Amazon Believes This Could Be Bigger for Its Business Than Movies
- Why Amazon.com, Shopify, and MercadoLibre Stocks Dropped Today
- Walmart's Online Business Continues to Chip Away at Amazon's Dominance
- Are These 2 E-Commerce Stocks Turning Into Advertising Giants?