In the midst of two major pressures on the retail space, a tight economy, and the continued shift toward online shopping, several retailers facing severe cash shortages are going to need solid performances this holiday season to shake fears that they may be in dire straits. In this video, Motley Fool analysts Blake Bos and Austin Smith discuss the difficulties at Radio Shack (NYSE: RSH), Best Buy (NYSE: BBY) and J.C. Penney (NYSE: JCP), and talk about how severe a situation each one faces. Plus, they highlight a few companies in the retail space that are doing well and poised to continue, such as Staples (NASDAQ: SPLS).
Motley Fool Returns
Discounted offers are only available to new members. Stock Advisor will renew at the then current list price. Stock Advisor list price is $199 per year.
Stock Advisor launched in February of 2002. Returns as of 10/25/2021.
Average returns of all recommendations since inception. Cost basis and return based on previous market day close.
- The J.C. Penney Sale Is Complete -- Now the Hard Work Begins
- J.C. Penney Rescue Deal Takes Another Step Forward
- J.C. Penney Looks to Exit Bankruptcy Before the Holidays
- J.C. Penney Bankruptcy Sale Not a Done Deal as Some Lenders Balk
- AMC, J.C. Penney, and Norwegian Cruise Lines: One of These Is a Screaming Buy