In the following video, Motley Fool consumer goods analyst Blake Bos takes a look at a Wall Street Journal report from yesterday saying that Best Buy (NYSE:BBY) founder and former chairman Richard Schulze may not make an offer to buy out the company after all, and may instead team up with a group of investors to purchase a minority stake. Blake looks at how the different buyout possibilities are taking investors on a roller-coaster ride, discusses what the outcome might be in each scenario, and tells shareholders what the best-case scenario would be.
The Motley Fool's industrials analyst, I specialize in 3-D printing and also do my best to stay up-to-date in the fields of robotics and oceanic transportation. Follow me on Twitter, Google+, and/or Facebook below for the most important 3-D printing industry developments and other great stories.
- Feb 14, 2013 at 4:28PM
- Consumer Goods
- Is Best Buy Risking Its Reputation With Rent-to-Own Rollout?
- Best Buy Stock Surges 14% After Another Big Earnings Beat
- Best Buy Sidesteps the Smartphone Slowdown
- Stock Market Today: Best Buy Reports Solid Holiday Sales and Subscription Growth Fuels Palo Alto Networks
- Best Buy (BBY) Q4 2019 Earnings Conference Call Transcript