In the following video, Motley Fool financial analyst Matt Koppenheffer talks about Morgan Stanley's (NYSE:MS) efforts to get its investment bankers and traders working cohesively with its brokers and wealth managers. While this has been difficult traditionally as the investment bankers often consider themselves to be above the level of wealth management, in this video, Matt highlights some possible synergies that could be very beneficial to both sides. He also says that the Morgan Stanley is going to need all the synergies it can get, as the company and its recent acquisition of the rest of Smith Barney will have a tough competitive fight ahead of them against Bank of America's (NYSE:BAC) Merrill unit.
- Feb 20, 2013 at 4:09PM
Bank of America
- 3 Reasons to Like Morgan Stanley's Purchase of Solium Capital
- Stock Market Today: Morgan Stanley Makes an Acquisition and Restaurant Brands Reports Growth
- The Winners and Losers of Bank Earnings
- Why Morgan Stanley, United Natural Foods, and Signet Jewelers Slumped Today
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Q4 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript