Tablets continue their march toward worldwide dominance. IDC has raised its 2013 annual tablet forecast by nearly 11% , and it now expects nearly 191 million devices will ship this year. The key driver of this phenomenal growth can be attributed to the rise of low-cost devices with screens less than 8 inches. In other words, we're talking about the sweet spot in the tablet market that belongs to Google's (NASDAQ:GOOGL) Android. In this video, Motley Fool contributor Steve Heller discusses the details of the announcement, and which companies could be pegged as winners and losers.
- Mar 18, 2013 at 7:30PM
- Technology and Telecom
Alphabet (A shares)
- Did Alphabet Just Invest in "the Next NVIDIA"?
- Google's Stadia Could Be the Long-Awaited "Netflix of Games"
- Why Google's Stadia Game Streaming Platform Could Fail
- Stock Market Today: FedEx Confirms Concerns About Slowing Global Trade
- With Stadia, Google Could Take Interactive Gaming to the Next Level