It is no surprise for investors to see Chesapeake Energy (NYSE:CHK) in the news for yet another asset sale. This time the company is selling 162,000 net acres in the Marcellus Shale to Southwestern Energy (NYSE:SWN) for $93 million. In this video, Fool.com contributor Aimee Duffy take a look at the details of this deal and how it fits into Chesapeake's long-term goal of divesting $4 billion-$7 billion in assets this year.
- May 1, 2013 at 11:59AM
- Energy, Materials, and Utilities
- This Outlook Is Bad News for Natural Gas Stocks
- Why Oil and Gas Stocks Are in Rally Mode Today
- Why PG&E, Southwestern Energy, and Navistar International Jumped Today
- Southwestern Energy Co (SWN) Q2 2019 Earnings Call Transcript
- Southwestern Energy Co (SWN) Q4 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript