In the following video, Motley Fool energy analysts Joel South and Taylor Muckerman take a look at the Williston Basin and discuss the Three Forks formation, located beneath the Bakken, that's attracting a lot of attention at the moment. Joel tells us about some of the exploratory wells that companies like EOG Resources (NYSE:EOG), and Continental Resources (NYSE:CLR) are drilling and how those wells are performing. They also tells investors what the cost/benefit ratio looks like for companies that are drilling wells at increased depths to tap this rock layer.
Joel is a University of Washington graduate and covers energy and materials for The Motley Fool. Be sure to follow The Motley Fool's energy and materials Twitter for all your energy and materials coverage. Follow @tmfenergy
- Continental Resources Inc (CLR) Q4 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript
- Why Continental Resources, Inc. Stock Tumbled 25% in October
- Continental Resources, Inc. (CLR) Q3 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript
- This Bakken Shale Oil Stock Belongs at the Top of Your Watch List
- It's Time to Stop Overlooking This Oil Stock