In the following video, Fool.com contributor Maxx Chatsko analyzes the first-quarter earnings of CF Industries (NYSE:CF). The company saw a record net income on the heels of increasing nitrogen prices -- a trend that should continue into 2013. Additionally, CF Industries is actually expecting a positive effect from natural gas prices. Maxx explains how that is possible and why it matters heading into a record corn planting this year.
Maxx has been a contributor to Fool.com since 2013. He graduated from the State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry (2012) with a Bachelor of Science in Bioprocess Engineering and from Carnegie Mellon University (2016) with a Master of Science in Materials Science & Engineering.
- May 14, 2013 at 1:59PM
- Energy, Materials, and Utilities
- CF Industries Holdings Inc (CF) Q4 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript
- Why CF Industries Stock Dropped 9%
- CF Industries Holdings Inc (CF) Q3 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript
- This New Biotech Industry Could Pose a Huge Risk to Fertilizer Stocks
- Here's Why CF Industries Rose as Much as 11.7% Today