Offshore drilling rig owner Transocean (NYSE:RIG) recently reported lower than expected earnings as rig downtime hit the bottom line. To top it off, activist investor Carl Icahn is trying to squeeze a $4.00 per share annual dividend out of the company, which management thinks is far too aggressive. The Motley Fool's Lauren Kuczala sat down with Fool.com contributor Travis Hoium to discuss whether results will pick up, and if investors can expect a big dividend going forward.
- May 15, 2013 at 2:00PM
- Energy, Materials, and Utilities
- Transocean Positions Itself for a Rebound in 2019
- Transocean Ltd (RIG) Q4 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript
- Better Buy: DryShips Inc. vs. Transocean LTD.
- Behind-the-Scenes Conversation: What Am I Missing With These Beaten-Down Offshore Drilling Stocks?
- Why Top Offshore-Rig Stocks Fell More Than 15% in November