Same-day delivery remains an area of intense interest for eBay (NASDAQ:EBAY) and Google (NASDAQ:GOOGL). It offers the promise of almost instant gratification when shopping online, which could potentially drive more commerce online. Both of these companies have teamed up with local retailers in an effort to save on transportation costs and shipping time. If successful, this could threaten shippers like UPS (NYSE:UPS) and FedEx (NYSE:FDX). In this video, Fool contributor Steve Heller sits down with Erin Miller to discuss what same-day deliveries could mean for shippers.
- May 20, 2013 at 1:34PM
- Consumer Goods
- Recent Acquisitions by Google, Salesforce, and Intel Seem a Little Desperate
- This Chinese Start-Up Is Poaching Facebook and Google’s Leaders
- A Foolish Take: These 4 Digital Assistants Dominate the US Market
- 3 Top Artificial Intelligence Stocks to Watch in June
- 3 Stocks to Buy and Hold for the Next 50 Years