In this video as part of The Motley Fool's "Ask a Fool" series, our senior advisor to the Fool's Rule Your Retirement service, Robert Brokamp, takes a question from a Fool reader, who asks, "Should you pay the income taxes owed from your traditional 401(k) and/or IRA with funds from your Roth 401(k) and/or Roth IRA when you're 70.5 years or older?"

Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.