- The Bell-Boeing Joint Project Office, a joint venture between Textron (NYSE:TXT) and Boeing (NYSE:BA), was awarded a $33 million contract modification instructing it to provide engineering and technical support for Navy V-22 Osprey flight control system and on-aircraft avionics software; flight test planning and coordination of changed avionics and flight control configurations; and planning for upgrades of avionics and flight controls. All of this work is to be completed by December 2015.
- Raytheon (NYSE:RTN) was awarded a $17 million option exercise to supply deferred mission systems equipment for the new Zumwalt-class guided missile destroyer USS Michael Monsoor (DDG 1001). Delivery is due by April 2017.
- Jacobs Engineering (NYSE:JEC) was awarded a $12.8 million contract modification instructing it to continue providing classified cryptographic and information assurance systems, equipment, services and support to various DoD agencies, U.S. military departments, and various foreign military sales customers through May 19, 2014.
- Northrop Grumman (NYSE:NOC) won a new $8.9 million cost-plus-fixed-fee contract to supply the U.S. Army with a protected Military Satellite Communications design demonstrating "affordability risk reduction." Due date: Jan. 21, 2015.
Nov 23, 2013 at 12:45PM
I like things that go "boom." Sonic or otherwise, that means I tend to gravitate towards defense and aerospace stocks. But to tell the truth, over the course of a dozen years writing for The Motley Fool, I have covered -- and continue to cover -- everything from retailers to consumer goods stocks, and from tech to banks to insurers as well. Follow me on Twitter or Facebook for the most important developments in defense & aerospace news, and other great stories besides.
- Nov 23, 2013 at 12:45PM
- Will Vaping Deaths Derail Marijuana Stocks? Plus, a New Treatment for Peanut Allergies Advances
- Aurora Cannabis Stock: This Wall Street Analyst Thinks You Should Sell
- 3 Top Dividend Stocks With Yields Over 5%
- Where Solar Energy Is Booming in the U.S.
- These 3 Dividend Stocks Just Increased Their Payouts