Financial media pundits are constantly making predictions about the future that are far more certain than they have any right to be. So, in this video, our Motley Fool analysts around Fool HQ make a few outrageous predictions of their own. Will George Zimmer, formerly of Men's Wearhouse, run for political office on a marijuana legalization platform? Will Bitcoin be Time's person of the year? And, most importantly, will the markets continue upward for a sixth year in a row? Can anyone make these predictions in advance with any degree of certainty, and should investors trust people who do?
Brendan Mathews, Jason Moser, Jim Royal, David Meier, Ron Gross, Charly Travers, Bryan White, Sara Hov, and Micah Robinson
Jan 21, 2014 at 2:00PM
A Fool since 2005, Brendan is a research analyst on The Motley Fool's Stock Advisor newsletter. He enjoys scouring financial statements, pontificating on competitive advantage, and any outdoor activity. Follow @TMFWillSommers
Motley Fool Returns
Stock Advisor S&P 500
Stock Advisor launched in February of 2002. Returns as of 09/28/2020.Join Stock Advisor
Cumulative Growth of a $10,000 Investment in Stock Advisor Calculated by Time-Weighted Return
- What Correction? S&P 500 Surges as Apple Leads Tech Stock Boom and Cruise Stocks Rise; Oil Stocks Fall
- Stay-at-Home Stocks Send Markets Soaring Friday
- Nasdaq Jumps Despite Costco Pullback; Novavax Starts Vaccine Phase 3 Trial
- Dow Jones Rallies as Apple Stock Touted by Analyst; Light at the End of the Tunnel for Boeing on the 737 MAX
- Stock Markets Rise; Time to Bet on Sports Betting Stocks?