In this video, Motley Fool health-care analyst David Williamson takes a look ahead as earnings reports approach for several companies in the managed-care sector and discusses how this helps investors understand how the big insurers are dealing with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare. Aetna (NYSE:AET) CEO Mark Bertolini, who has voiced his discontent more loudly than his peers, has now said during an interview with CNBC that his company may be forced to quit Obamacare altogether if Aetna is compelled to increase its rates by double-digit numbers in order to comply. David discusses why this might be more hypothetical than reality and tells investors to keep an eye on some important dates coming up in the managed-care sector that could flesh this story out further.
- Jan 22, 2014 at 11:07PM
- Health Care
- Centene Corp (CNC) Q4 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript
- 3 Growth Stocks Healthcare Investors Should Buy Now
- Centene Corporation (CNC) Q3 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript
- The Insurer That's Crushing It in Obamacare
- What Managed Care Organizations Are, and How Investors Can Profit From Them