In this video as part of The Motley Fool's "Ask a Fool" series, Fool industrials analyst Blake Bos takes a question from a Fool reader, who writes: "What are your thoughts on 3D Systems' (NYSE:DDD) patent expiry and the potential impact on the company? This will effectively open the doors of competition to new players right?" Blake mentions that this is in reference to US Pat 4,575,330, the full history of which can be found in an article here. Blake breaks down for investors 3D Systems' patent history, and the technical details behind the most important patents involved here. He also discusses how the company will be affected once these patent expiries come to pass.
The Motley Fool's industrials analyst, I specialize in 3-D printing and also do my best to stay up-to-date in the fields of robotics and oceanic transportation. Follow me on Twitter, Google+, and/or Facebook below for the most important 3-D printing industry developments and other great stories.
- Jan 31, 2014 at 6:51PM
- Why 3D Systems Stock Plunged 14% on Friday, After Rising 6% After Hours on Thursday
- Why Walgreens Boots Alliance, 3D Systems, and ImmunoGen Slumped Today
- Why 3D Systems Corporation's Shares Plunged 14% Today
- 3D Systems Caps Off 2018 With Solid 3D Printer Sales Growth
- 3D Systems Corporation (DDD) Q4 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript