In this episode of Tech Teardown, Erin Kennedy discusses the latest developments in the tech sector with Evan Niu, CFA, our tech and telecom bureau chief.
- Microsoft taps a longtime exec as its next CEO. Does Satya Nadella have what it takes?
- High-end smartphone saturation has already started to weigh on OEMs, but now those effects are trickling down the value chain. What does ARM have in store beyond smartphones?
- Zynga has enjoyed a nice few days. Shares are up considerably after the company reported earnings alongside a promising acquisition, and getting another boost from an analyst upgrade.
- What kind of revenue could Apple's iWatch generate in its first year? Its revenue ramp could even trump the iPad according to one analyst.
- Apple might be interesting in building out its own content delivery network, which could be a risk to its primary supplier Akamai.