An analyst at Credit Suisse has come out with a report calling for Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT) to buy Family Dollar (NYSE: FDO). While the company certainly has the financial means to do so, would the move even make sense for the business? In this video from Wednesday's Investor Beat, host Chris Hill and Motley Fool analyst Bill Barker discuss how the move could actually fill in some key gaps in Wal-Mart's offerings both geographically and in terms of products. They also discuss Wal-Mart as a whole, and whether investors should continue to look at this stock as a growth story.
Feb 19, 2014 at 5:35PM
Full-time host of the Motley Fool Money radio show, MarketFoolery podcast, and other things. Part-time connoisseur of movies, basketball & fine bourbon.
Motley Fool Returns
Stock Advisor S&P 500
Stock Advisor launched in February of 2002. Returns as of 05/25/2020.Join Stock Advisor
Cumulative Growth of a $10,000 Investment in Stock Advisor Calculated by Time-Weighted Return
- 2 Dividend Stocks You Can Safely Hold for Decades
- Walmart vs Target: Who's the E-Commerce Winner During the Coronavirus Lockdown?
- For Walmart, Jet.com Was $3.3 Billion Well Spent
- The 4 Stages of Pandemic Shopping as Illustrated by Walmart's Earnings
- 1 Surprising Number From Walmart's First-Quarter Results