Do you want to retire in a tropical destination, but think it might be too expensive? It doesn't have to be! If you're willing to think outside the box, a tropical paradise of your own could be much more affordable than you think. Many Americans have been buying homes overseas due to the low cost of living, beautiful surroundings, and the freedom to retire early or to vacation more often. Here are some of the most affordable places in the world to search for the home of your dreams that offer most of the American conveniences you want at a fraction of the cost.
Matthew Frankel, CFP
Apr 12, 2014 at 12:31PM
Matt is a Certified Financial Planner based in South Carolina who has been writing for The Motley Fool since 2012. Matt specializes in writing about bank stocks, REITs, and personal finance, but he loves any investment at the right price. Follow him on Twitter to keep up with his latest work! Follow @TMFMathGuy
Motley Fool Returns
Stock Advisor S&P 500
Stock Advisor launched in February of 2002. Returns as of 10/26/2020.Join Stock Advisor
Cumulative Growth of a $10,000 Investment in Stock Advisor Calculated by Time-Weighted Return
- Here's Why PayPal's New Venmo Credit Card Is Unique
- A Berkshire Hathaway Investment Manager Bought Dillard's Stock -- Why?
- American Express' CEO Just Said He's Seeing "Big Pent-Up Demand" for Travel
- At More Than Double Book Value, Can First Republic Bank's Stock Keep Climbing?
- 3 Stocks to Build Your Portfolio Around