In the following video, 3-D printing specialist Steve Heller interviews Christine Furstoss, a global technology director at General Electric's global research center. Furstoss heads GE's advanced manufacturing research initiatives around 3-D printing and manages a team of 450 engineers across North America, Europe, and Asia.
Topics covered include:
- the most powerful aspect of 3-D printing
- the role "3-D inking" will play in the future of manufacturing
- how GE manages its massive base of 300,000 employees worldwide
- the Holy Grail of 3-D printing
- GE's advice to parents on how to get their kids excited about engineering and 3-D printing
Steve Heller has no position in any stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool owns shares of General Electric Company. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.