On Aug. 17, Gap
- Overall revenues were flat, with same-store sales trending down 5% from the prior-year quarter.
- Profits were cut in half from the prior year.
- Working capital management and other adjustments created healthier free cash flow of $300 million.
(Figures in millions)
Income Statement Highlights
Get back to basics with a look at the income statement.
Margins are the earnings engine. See how they work.
Balance Sheet Highlights
Cash + ST Invest.
Other Current Assets
Learn the ways of the balance sheet.
Cash Flow Highlights
Cash From Ops.
Free Cash Flow
Find out why Fools always follow the money.
- Abercrombie & Fitch
- Ann Taylor
- Urban Outfitters
- American Eagle Outfitters
Gap is a recommendation ofMotley Fool Inside Value. A free trial will let you see why our Foolish cheap-stock guru thinks the wait for a turnaround is warranted.
- Foolish Fundamentals: Margins
- Foolish Fundamentals: Enterprise Value
- Foolish Fundamentals: Free Cash Flow
Fool by Numbers is designed to give you the raw earnings information in a timely fashion, putting all the numbers you need in one easy-to-read place. But at The Motley Fool, we believe numbers tell only part of the story, so checkFool.com for more of our in-depth discussion of what the numbers mean.
At the time of publication, Seth Jayson had shares of American Eagle Outfitters, but no positions in any other company mentioned. Gap and American Eagle Outfitters are recommendations ofMotley Fool Stock Advisor. Fool rules are here.