Time's running out to get your taxes prepared and filed. But many taxpayers still need help to get their taxes done. How can you get the help you need?

In the following video, Dan Caplinger, The Motley Fool's director of investment planning, talks about resources available to provide tax help for taxpayers. Dan notes that the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program generally helps low- and middle-income taxpayers with incomes below $52,000, providing locally based volunteers who are IRS-certified to prepare and file your taxes electronically. In addition, the Tax Counseling for the Elderly program focuses on seniors and the specific tax challenges that older taxpayers face. Finally, the IRS website has a surprising amount of information available, including an interactive tax assistant to help direct you to the most relevant tax help you need.

Dan Caplinger and the Motley Fool have no position in any stocks mentioned. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools don't all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.