Aug 24, 1999 at 12:00AM
First, they gathered around a table with pitchers of cold water and... wait. You know what? We're long-term investors. Who cares what happened?
You can read any other finance-related article to get the vanilla news coverage. Just be certain to read the Wisdom-heavy words with your Foolish long-term view. In three years or less, you won't likely remember any of the articles that you read today anyway. Nor would you likely remember any details from this day if you spend all of it reading financial gibberish. (Nobody knows what will happen next anyhow.)
Perhaps what you'll remember most in the years ahead, actually, is this paragraph -- simply because it is different. Perhaps, rather than reading all of the busy news about the day, you'll create a lasting memory by being Foolish right now. Turn off the computer, rise from the chair, and do something completely different -- something truly Foolish and worthwhile.
P.S. If you really want to continue reading something, see today's Fribble.
P.P.S. 3dfx (Nasdaq: TDFX) got whacked. We have to digest the news and we will certainly discuss it here soon, of course. We have never been reactionaries. Some may say that we're deliberate. We are. We're long term. The message board is digesting the news post by post, and Fools there have summarized the conference call.
- Aug 24, 1999 at 12:00AM
- Drop In Consumer Sentiment Shows U.S. Bracing For Recession. Are You Prepared?
- Big Deals and Snap Judgements
- Bright Scholar Education Holdings Ltd (BEDU) Q1 2019 Earnings Conference Call Transcript
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services (JBHT) Q4 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript
- H.B. Fuller (FUL) Q4 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript