Lest you focus just on the big stories in business, such as Lucent's
- Illustrating how dangerous some front-line jobs can be, a woman in Texas ran over the manager of a McDonald's
(NYSE:MCD)restaurant -- because she allegedly didn't get the mayonnaise she wanted. She's been sentenced to 10 years in jail.
- Sympathy cards might be en route from Philip Morris parent Altria Group
(NYSE:MO)to hookah-makers in Turkey. It seems that recent research is suggesting that smoking tobacco from water pipes, as many in Turkey and elsewhere like to do, can harm lungs.
- Executives at Anheuser-Busch
(NYSE:BUD)are probably smiling at the creativity of the woman who entered a Christmas tree made of 1,500 empty Bud Light cans in a contest. Unfortunately, she didn't win -- and the rules for next year's contest have been tweaked to prevent a repeat. Still, she netted a few hundred dollars by selling her work, "Jingle Buds."
- Anyone considering a life of crime as a way to build wealth might want to ask Calvin Walker about his experience. After a photo of him robbing a bank was televised, his own mother turned him in. We encourage those looking to get rich to consider doing so slowly -- perhaps starting with reading our 13 Steps to Investing Foolishly. Or try some of our online How-to Guides.
- Here's an idea for a new line of beverages for the likes of Coca-Cola
(NYSE:KO). In Australia, bottled water for dogs features flavors such as liver and bacon. Water for cats is on the way, too.
If you think these stories are just plain silly and you crave some serious stock ideas, check out our suite of stock newsletters, which deliver great recommendations each month.