On Aug. 10, Pacific Sunwear
- Sales rose only 1.5% on a 5.5% decline in same-store sales.
- Margins fell off the lip, as measured in full percentage points. Ouch!
- Net profit dropped 54%, while EPS dropped by half. The magnitude of the underperformance was mitigated by a smaller number of fully diluted shares.
(Figures in millions, except per-share data)
Income Statement Highlights
Get back to basics with a look at the income statement.
Margins are the earnings engine. See how they work.
Balance Sheet Highlights
Cash + ST Invest.
Other Current Assets
Learn the ways of the balance sheet.
Cash Flow Highlights
Cash From Ops.
Free Cash Flow
Find out why Fools always follow the money.
- Abercrombie & Fitch
- American Eagle Outfitters
- Hot Topic
- Foolish Fundamentals: Margins
- Foolish Fundamentals: Enterprise Value
- Foolish Fundamentals: Free Cash Flow
Fool by Numbers is designed to give you the raw earnings information in a timely fashion, putting all the numbers you need in one easy-to-read place. But at The Motley Fool, we believe numbers tell only part of the story, so checkFool.com for more of our in-depth discussion of what the numbers mean.
Pacific Sunwear, Gap, and American Eagle Outfitters areMotley Fool Stock Advisorrecommendations. Gap is anInside Valuerecommendation, and Volcom and Zumiez areHidden Gemspicks. You can try any of our market-beating newsletter servicesfor free.