On Jan. 25, homebuilder Beazer Homes
- Revenues fell by 27% to $806.4 million.
- Earnings swung to a loss of $59 million, or $1.54 per share, compared with a profit of $89.9 million, or $2 per share, last year.
- Closings fell 31% in the quarter, while new orders dropped 54% from the year-ago period.
- Beazer has a one-star rating at Motley Fool CAPS.
(Figures in thousands, except per-share data)
Income Statement Highlights
Get back to basics with a look at the income statement.
Margins are the earnings engine. See how they work.
Balance Sheet Highlights
Cash + ST Invest.
A complete balance sheet was not provided with the press release. Bad move!
Learn the ways of the balance sheet.
Cash Flow Highlights
A cash flow statement was not provided with the press release.
Find out why Fools always follow the money.
- DR Horton
- Toll Brothers
- Foolish Forecast: Beazer's Wheezin'
- Homebuilders Get Comical
- No Housing Bust Here!
- Homebuilders Defying Housing Numbers
Fool by Numbers is designed to give you the raw earnings information in a timely fashion, putting all the numbers you need in one easy-to-read place. But at The Motley Fool, we believe numbers tell only part of the story, so check Fool.com for more of our in-depth discussion of what the numbers mean.