As fall arrives, back-to-school time is inescapable. Whether you're helping your kids select colorful folders for their first day back, or being bombarded by ads for backpacks, clothes, and school supplies, there's no denying that summer's over.
In the spirit of going back to class, we've created a financial refresher course. Relax, there's no final exam -- we promise. Instead we've got a collection of articles to help educate, amuse, and enrich Fools like you.
First, we'll explore the shopping trends of today's youth. Discover why American Eagle
Next, dive into the world of personal finance. Our writers have submitted essays on subjects from financing your child's future to credit card savings tips for frugal students.
Did you make a dent in your summer reading list? If not, flip through our Foolish summaries on popular investing books. Wonder why Michael Moe bought into Starbucks
Just before the bell rings, we'll move on to our Foolish Fundamentals. Can't remember how to value a company? What the heck are same-store sales? Maybe something lighter like the components of a balance sheet? Navigate through these fundamentals at your leisure.
Class dismissed, Fools!
Lesson 1: Student Trends
- Retailers That Make the Grade
- Social Networks Get Schooled
- The Evolving Computer
- Textbooks for Sale
- Generation Wireless
- Music's Been Caught Stealing
- Is the Pen Mightier Than the Laptop?
- Gaming Through School
- Remembrances of Panera's Past
Lesson 2: Personal Finance
- Go Back to School for Free
- Get a Financial Education
- Invest in Your Kids
- College Savings for the Whole Family
- Credit for Collegians
- Yes, You Can Afford Private School
- Give Your Careless Teen Some Credit
- Advice for College Freshmen
- Budgeting 101
- Don't Get Swindled by Scholarship Scams
Lesson 3: Foolish Book Reviews
- Good to Great
- Finding the Next Starbucks
- The Dhandho Investor
- The Black Swan
- Big Brown: The Untold Story of UPS
- The Little Book That Beats the Market
Lesson 4: Foolish Fundamentals