In today's edition, industrials editor and analyst Brendan Byrnes analyzes news events from around the sector and offers his insights on how these events affect the investing thesis of the stocks. Today's topics include:
- Heavy insider buying at United Continental,
- GM nearing a deal to decrease worker hours at two German plants,
- the end of strikes at Caterpillar's Joilet plant,
- rising gas prices,
- disappointing Dryships earnings, and
- the end of government subsidies for new cars in Japan.
Check out the video below for more on all these important events.
One company that stands out in the industrials sector is Ford. It's making good vehicles, it's consistently profitable, recently reinstated its , and has done a remarkable job paying down its . But Ford's price has significantly underperformed the market this year. Does this create an incredible buying opportunity, or are there hidden risks that investors need to know about? To answer that, one of our top equity analysts has compiled a premium research report with in-depth analysis on right now, and why. Simply to get instant access to this premium report.