Shares of Ligand (NASDAQ: LGND) popped 13% today after its partner GlaxoSmithKline's (NYSE: GSK) drug Promacta received an additional indication (an FDA approval) to increase low blood platelet levels in cases of chronic hepatitis C. However, new advances in hepatitis C care are revolutionizing treatment ideas that may take the wind out of Ligand's sails.
Motley Fool Returns
Discounted offers are only available to new members. Stock Advisor will renew at the then current list price. Stock Advisor list price is $199 per year.
Stock Advisor launched in February of 2002. Returns as of 10/15/2021.
Average returns of all recommendations since inception. Cost basis and return based on previous market day close.
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (LGND) Q2 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- Ligand's Revenue Soars in Q1 Thanks to Gilead's COVID Drug
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc (LGND) Q1 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- 3 Signs the Ligand Short Squeeze Is Over
- Forget Gamestop! This Highly Shorted Stock Is a Strong Buy Now