At this point, Amarin (NASDAQ:AMRN) investors are used to hearing about delays from the Food and Drug Administration concerning Vascepa's NCE status -- but today they were faced with a delay of a different kind.

Amarin originally stated that it would make the decision whether to get a Vascepa sales team together toward the end of November, but the company recently announced that it's not yet ready to commit. The decision will now be deferred to the first half of December, but Amarin is still eyeing a drug launch in the early part of 2013.

Health care analysts Max Macaluso and David Williamson discuss this news and possible scenarios for Amarin in the following video.

This article represents the opinion of the writer, who may disagree with the “official” recommendation position of a Motley Fool premium advisory service. We’re motley! Questioning an investing thesis -- even one of our own -- helps us all think critically about investing and make decisions that help us become smarter, happier, and richer.