Universal Display (NASDAQ:OLED) is a company with a lot of potential disruptive power. It owns patents to the new OLED display technology, and many investors are looking to the smartphone and tablet space for where this technology is going to take off first. In this video, Motley Fool tech and telecom analyst Andrew Tonner highlights a conference call from Cowen, saying that Samsung will begin producing full HD AMOLED displays this month for use in its next version of the Galaxy 5 phone. This sent shares of Universal Display up by more than 10%. Andrew tells us why he thinks the stock can go much further in the long run.
- Feb 6, 2013 at 7:00PM
- Technology and Telecom
- 3 Reasons Universal Display Is Trying Its Hand at Venture Capitalism
- Universal Display Turns Its Attention to Investment In OLED Technology
- 3 Top Tech Stocks to Buy in May
- 3 Things Universal Display's Management Wants You to Know After Q1 2019 Results
- Universal Display Crushes Expectations, Raises Guidance