In this video, Brendan Byrnes asks Hain Celestial founder Irwin Simon how he fends off large competitors in the health-food market. Simon believes that with more detailed food labeling laws, the public's eyes were opened to what they were eating and became more health-conscious. Hain Celestial also was aggressive early on in acquiring health-food companies, thus allowing Hain Celestial to be established as a bona fide health-food company before it became fashionable and a target of larger companies.
Originally joining The Motley Fool in 2011 as editor of the Industrials sector, Brendan is now based in New York City where he interviews executives, authors, and influential people from across the investing and business world. He also provides analysis for Fool.com.
- Feb 13, 2013 at 8:38PM
- Consumer Goods
Whole Foods Market
- Here's Why Hain Celestial Group Stock Jumped 11% Today
- Hain Celestial Group Stock Down 12%: What You Need to Know Right Now
- Hain Celestial Group Inc (HAIN) Q2 2019 Earnings Conference Call Transcript
- Hain Celestial Group Inc (HAIN) Q1 2019 Earnings Conference Call Transcript
- Hain Celestial Group Inc. Stock Was Down 15%: Here's What Investors Need To Know