In the following video, Motley Fool energy analyst Joel South takes a look at Ultra Petroleum (NASDAQ:UPL), and asks why it might be a great buy today. The stock was beaten down after low natural gas prices in 2012 made for a difficult year, but with those prices significantly higher than the sub-$2 mark, the future looks bright for UPL. With many of the other natural gas producers having shifted into oil production, natural gas supply is now starting to retreat, which means the price is set to slowly climb higher. Getting in with UPL at this price point, before those natural gas prices go back up, could represent a big opportunity for investors.
Joel is a University of Washington graduate and covers energy and materials for The Motley Fool. Be sure to follow The Motley Fool's energy and materials Twitter for all your energy and materials coverage. Follow @tmfenergy
- Ultra Petroleum Corp (UPL) Q4 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript
- Why Ultra Petroleum Corp’s Stock Is Tumbling Again Today
- 3 Energy Stocks That Desperately Need New Management
- Why Ultra Petroleum Corp.'s Stock Plunged Nearly 24% in August
- Why Seagate Technology, Ultra Petroleum, and Tesla Slumped Today