Allison Southwick interviews Fool contributor John Maxfield and asks him the $12 million question: does Bank of America's (NYSE:BAC) CEO deserve his 73% pay raise? Maxfield's answer is an emphatic yes. Maxfield cites Brian Moynihan's success navigating the bank's morass of toxic mortgages and million-dollar lawsuits. He goes on to praise Moynihan for being a traditional banker who will cleanse the bank of noncore businesses, who plans to distribute capital to shareholders once allowed to, and who has forsworn future acquisitions.
I write about banks, trying my best to balance the good and the bad.
- Feb 22, 2013 at 3:44PM
- The Fed Is Shaking Up the Bank Industry's Payment System
- The Smartest People on Wall Street Are Buying These 3 Stocks
- These 5 Stocks Have Made Buffett $23 Billion in 2019
- Why Bank of America, Axos Financial, and Bank of New York Mellon Fell More Than 10% in August
- The 11 Biggest Dividend Stocks on the Market