In the following video, Motley Fool financials analysts Matt Koppenheffer and David Hanson discuss the market's downturn since Feb. 19. Matt tells us whether the banking sector as a whole had things better or worse than other sectors, why Flagstar Bancorp (NYSE:FBC), Bank of America (NYSE:BAC), and BofI Holdings (NYSE:AX) got hit particularly hard, what it means that these stocks have a higher-than-average beta, and why you may need a strong stomach if you're bullish on these stocks.
Motley Fool Returns
Stock Advisor S&P 500
Stock Advisor launched in February of 2002. Returns as of 11/28/2020.Join Stock Advisor
Cumulative Growth of a $10,000 Investment in Stock Advisor Calculated by Time-Weighted Return
- This Big Bank Could Be a War on Cash Winner
- Why a Second Stimulus Is So Important for Bank Stocks
- Will Bank Stocks Bounce Back After the COVID-19 Pandemic Ends?
- Here's Why Bank of America, JPMorgan Chase, Wells Fargo, and Other Bank Stocks Are Soaring Today
- Credit Card Trends at Banks Are Much Improved, but Can It Last?