- Privately held Marine Hydraulics International won a $7 million contract modification, under which the company will perform maintenance, alterations, and modernizations on the guided missile destroyer USS Cole. Work on the ship should be completed by June 2013.
- Science Applications International Corp. (UNKNOWN:SAI.DL) was awarded a $21.2 million firm-fixed-price contract to perform "preventive and corrective maintenance" on software and equipment used by the Anti-Terrorism Force Protection Ashore Program Systems at 66 military installations worldwide. Initial work on the project should be complete by March of next year, but the contract contains the possibility of up to five one-year options for extension which, if exercised, would increase the contract's value to $74.4 million in aggregate.
- Alliant Techsystems (UNKNOWN:ATK.DL) won a $9.2 million firm-fixed-price contract modification for the company to upgrade the TS-04 control units on its Spider munitions to the TS-09 version. This contract will be complete by Jan. 31, 2014.
- Computer Sciences Corp (NYSE:CSC) subsidiary DynCorp International will be paid $14.2 million on a cost-plus-award-fee incrementally funded contract to extend logistics support services to the U.S. Army's Directorate of Logistics through Sept. 30, 2013.
- Textron's (NYSE:TXT) Marine & Land Systems unit scored a huge win -- a $113.4 million firm-fixed-price contract to supply Mobile Strike Force vehicles to the Afghan National Security Forces. Completion date: Feb. 28, 2014.
Mar 6, 2013 at 12:51PM
I like things that go "boom." Sonic or otherwise, that means I tend to gravitate towards defense and aerospace stocks. But to tell the truth, over the course of a dozen years writing for The Motley Fool, I have covered -- and continue to cover -- everything from retailers to consumer goods stocks, and from tech to banks to insurers as well. Follow me on Twitter or Facebook for the most important developments in defense & aerospace news, and other great stories besides.
- Mar 6, 2013 at 12:51PM