In the following video, Motley Fool health-care analyst David Williamson discusses Depomed's (NASDAQ:ASRT) major FDA advisory committee embarrassment. The company's menopause drug Sefelsa received a nearly unanimous vote against it, not based on risk vs. reward, but on efficacy. Depomed paid $1 million for the opportunity to be reviewed by the panel. In the video, David tells investors how the company could have made such a miscalculation, why it could be a win on the market if the drug were to be approved, but why it's such a long shot that it isn't worth the risk, and what else Depomed has in its arsenal.
- Mar 6, 2013 at 6:03PM
- Health Care
- Assertio Therapeutics, Inc (ASRT) Q2 2019 Earnings Call Transcript
- Assertio Therapeutics, Inc (ASRT) Q1 2019 Earnings Call Transcript
- Assertio Therapeutics, Inc (ASRT) Q4 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript
- Why Depomed Inc.'s Shares Soared 23.2% Higher
- Here's Why Depomed Inc Fell as Much as 13.8% Today