Bloomberg recently reported that pharmaceutical company Novo Nordisk (NYSE:NVO), in collaboration with a small biotech company called Merrion Pharmaceuticals, recently completed a phase 1 study for an oral insulin drug. The experimental medication, known only as NN1954, could help the company's revenue grow over the long term if it eventually gains approval. However, Motley Fool health care analyst Max Macaluso believes that investors shouldn't get too excited about this news just yet. Watch the following video to find out why and how Novo Nordisk's project may one day become a threat to Sanofi's (NASDAQ:SNY) mega-blockbuster insulin drug Lantus.
- Mar 21, 2013 at 4:07PM
- Health Care
- The Michaels Companies (MIK) Q4 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript
- Netflix Execs Welcome Competition From Apple While Throwing a Little Shade
- Why Shares of Sibanye-Stillwater Jumped on Tuesday
- Here's Why Ascena Retail Shares Dropped on Tuesday
- Apple Announces Second Hardware Refresh This Week, Potentially Another Tomorrow