In the first three months of the year, the aerospace giant delivered 137 commercial aircraft, including:
- 102 737 "Next Generation" regional airliners
- 24 777s
- Six 747s
- Four 767s
- and just one 787 Dreamliner.
The company's defense unit, in addition, delivered:
- 24 helicopters, including 15 Apache attack choppers and nine Chinook transports
- Three C-17 transport aircraft
- 15 combat jets -- three F-15s and a dozen F/A-18E/Fs and EA-18G variants
- and two P-8 subhunters.
Finally, Boeing's space division delivered exactly one satellite unit.
Boeing shares climbed 0.7% in response to the news Thursday, closing at $84.95.
Fool contributor Rich Smith has no position in any stocks mentioned, and neither does The Motley Fool. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.