Intel's (NASDAQ:INTC) upcoming Haswell processor is currently making its way to PC makers. Haswell promises to modernize PC computing in terms of form factor and battery life. Unfortunately, the timing couldn't be any worse for Intel. IDC recently reported that PC sales have effectively fallen off a cliff, declining 13.9% year over year, driven largely by the poor reception of Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) Windows 8, coupled with increased user adoption of tablets. In this video, Motley Fool contributor Steve Heller discusses Intel Haswell in terms of what it could mean for the PC industry at large.
- Apr 15, 2013 at 8:00PM
- Technology and Telecom
- 3 Top Artificial Intelligence Stocks to Watch in October
- Microsoft’s Mixer Is Catching up to Amazon’s Twitch and Google’s YouTube
- Why Microsoft Investors Don't Need to Worry If the Surface Duo Flops
- 3 Reasons Microsoft's New Folding Smartphone Could Be a Big Success
- These 5 Dividend Stocks Pay $70 Billion a Year, Combined, to Their Shareholders