Solar power accounted for 100% of the power added to the grid in March and has accounted for as much as 50% of the additions in the first quarter. Giant projects from solar heavies First Solar (NASDAQ:FSLR) and SunPower (NASDAQ:SPWR) are driving the utility industry, and SolarCity (NASDAQ:SCTY.DL) is building residential solar at a fevered pace. Erin Miller sat down with Motley Fool contributor Travis Hoium to see what this trend means for our energy future.
- Apr 18, 2013 at 12:10PM
- Energy, Materials, and Utilities
- Tesla Shows Off a Solar Microgrid Project Powering an Island
- What Tesla CEO Elon Musk Said About the SolarCity Deal
- Shareholders Approve Tesla Motors, Inc. Acquisition of SolarCity
- The Fate of the Tesla Motors, Inc.-SolarCity Deal to Be Decided Thursday
- These Popular Stocks Could Prove Toxic for Your Portfolio