In the video below, Motley Fool energy analysts Joel South and Taylor Muckerman talk about what Chesapeake Energy's (NYSE:CHK) new strategy is going to look like, now that Aubrey McClendon is no longer the CEO. Joel discusses how the new strategy is a shift from an all-growth focus to one of maximizing the company's current resources, and he tells investors what led the new Chesapeake Energy to hit a strong quarter this quarter, and get back in the black.
Joel is a University of Washington graduate and covers energy and materials for The Motley Fool. Be sure to follow The Motley Fool's energy and materials Twitter for all your energy and materials coverage. Follow @tmfenergy
- 3 Top Oil Stocks for the Coming Boom in the Eagle Ford Shale
- Why Scientific Games, Chesapeake Energy, and Snap Jumped Today
- Chesapeake Energy -- Up 50% So Far This Year -- Could Have More Room to Run
- Oil Prices Just Had Their Best Quarter in a Decade
- Why Chesapeake Energy, Nutanix, and Nevro Jumped Today