When Suntech Power defaulted on loans and wasn't bailed out by the Chinese government there was hope that it would lead to consolidation in the Chinese solar market. Today, that doesn't appear to be the case after Yingli Green Energy (NYSE:YGE) received another $165 million in loans from a state-run bank. The Motley Fool's Erin Miller sat down with Fool.com contributor Travis Hoium to see what the implications are for the industry.
- May 1, 2013 at 11:01AM
- Energy, Materials, and Utilities
- Time to Buy Yingli Green Energy, Trina Solar, and JA Solar?
- Why China's Solar Industry Faces an Uphill Battle
- Why Shares of Yingli Green Energy (ADR) Plunged 12% Today
- Is Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. Ltd. (ADR) Destined for Greatness?
- Why Plug Power, Molycorp, and Yingli Green Energy Tumbled Today