Fool contributor Demitrios Kalogeropoulos owns shares of Walt Disney and Activision Blizzard. The Motley Fool recommends Activision Blizzard, DreamWorks Animation, and Walt Disney. The Motley Fool owns shares of Activision Blizzard and Walt Disney. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
May 4, 2013 at 10:10AM
Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI) CEO Robert Kotick's latest compensation plan makes him one of the highest-paid chief executives in the U.S. In the video below, Fool contributor Demitrios Kalogeropoulos discusses just how big of a raise Kotick saw last year over his compensation in 2011.
Demitrios argues that Activision had a solid year last year, but not spectacular enough to warrant such a huge bump in pay. The good news for investors, though, is that almost all of the salary boost was in the form of stock options. That means that Kotick will have to earn those millions over the next several years -- by hitting a host of performance targets, and by maximizing long-term shareholder returns.
- May 4, 2013 at 10:10AM
- Consumer Goods
- The Only Reason Philip Morris International Boosted Its 2017 Guidance
- Why Southwestern Energy, Zoe's Kitchen, and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Slumped Today
- Time Warner's "The Batman" and "The Flash" Are in Trouble. What's Next for the DC Movie Universe?
- Is Now the Time to Buy Yum China?
- Better Buy: Philip Morris International Inc. vs. American Outdoor Brands Corp.