In this video, Blake Bos describes one reason to buy and two reasons to sell Caterpillar. The big reason to buy is Caterpillar is because it is the dominant company in heavy mining and industrial vehicles. Its dealer and support network and brand strength are unparalleled in the U.S. However, the company is vulnerable to commodity prices and macroeconomic forces, which it has not always anticipated well. Lastly, Caterpillar's long-term success depends on its success in China. The company faces significant challengers in Chinese companies and Sumatsu Heavy Industries.
The Motley Fool's industrials analyst, I specialize in 3-D printing and also do my best to stay up-to-date in the fields of robotics and oceanic transportation. Follow me on Twitter, Google+, and/or Facebook below for the most important 3-D printing industry developments and other great stories.
- May 8, 2013 at 7:25PM
- Stock Market News: Netflix's Oscar Hopes Rise; Caterpillar's Naysayers Speak Up
- Caterpillar's Crushing Downgrade: What You Need to Know
- Stock Market News: Aurora Buys Portuguese Pot, Caterpillar Comes Down
- 3 Risky but Potentially High-Reward Stocks
- Stock Market News: Aurora Opens Marijuana Earnings Season While Caterpillar Celebrates Trade Talks